Saturday, January 12, 2013

Is Sightstone Worth It For Support? Should I get Philostone or SS first? The OP Analysis.

Objective : To determine whether it's viable to have Sightstone for league of legend support champions.

Method : Compare the difference in overall gold gain between Philostone and Sightstone. Use the above Soraka support game footage as base for analysis.

Data Analysis & Discussion :

  Sightstone Ruby SS Ward
  700g 1300g 75g
10 wards Free Free 750g
15 wards Free Free 1125g
20 wards Free Free 1500g
       
  Philostone    
18 540g    

In the above Soraka video, I bought philostone instead of sightstone @ 7 mins, and I also bought a total of 13 sight wards @ 25 mins (counted from 7 mins) when I converted my philostone to Shurelya's Reverie. With Philostone I gained about 18 mins of GP10 benefits which amounts to 540G, and I was able to pay for roughly 7 sight wards from the income generated from philostones. However, If I chose to buy sightstone instead, I would have bought those 13 sight wards completely free of charge. This would give me a gold advantage of 450G (the cost of 6 wards) plus 100 HP, which can be used to supplement the purchase of philostone as second item after SS.

Conclusion : Sightstone is more gold efficient than philostone and it should be considered as core item (or as a replacement for heart of gold in S2) for most support champions in season 3. Ruby sightstone (1300G) does not offer as much gold advantage as sightstone but it's still a good choice if the game is anticipated to last longer than 30 mins. The main disadvantage of getting Ruby / Sightstone is 3 wards limitation per slot.

Recommendation : If you are planning to get sightstone for your support hero, get it first to get the most bang for the buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat